September 1, 2011

Who and how do you love?

                                                 Meet JJ Flizanes!                                                        


Lucky me, another evening with my fellow Wowettes!   Yummy potluck, fun company, and a passionate and inspiring speaker.  I read about our speaker, JJ Flizanes, and was impressed with her philosophy about finding our mate when I read her quote, "When we create our own happiness through our body and mind, we are able to naturally manifest a partner who recognizes and respects us physically, emotionally, and spiritually.I liked reading that finding a partner was not about how we act or how we dress or our age or weight, but who we are....inside....and how we feel out ourselves.  


JJ is the author of "Fit 2 Love - How to get physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit to attract the love of your life," (a best seller on Amazon.com!) Much to my surprise and pleasure, she started her presentation with the statement that the love of our life is...ourself.   She said that we must be the person we want to be to attract love, that the blueprint of how we treat ourselves is how others treat us, and that everything we do shows how we respect and love ourselves.


So why don't we have the mate of our dreams?  Again, it's all about how we treat ourselves, the results, and our self-perceptions.  JJ gave us a written exercise called " Our Body Blueprint" to allow us to find the story we tell ourselves.  Apparently, we only hear 18% of our thoughts and the rest are put in our subconscious before we are nine-years-old. The blueprint asks about our attitudes and actions related to exercise,  diet, rest, play, and self-talk and we followed that exercise with one titled, "What Does Your Body Blueprint Say?" I was startled to see my results showed such great conflict.  I want to do the right thing and take good care of myself in all those areas, but my answers were mostly "sometimes."   It's like I still have those two creatures on my shoulders, the devil on one and the angel on the other, each telling me to do the opposite of the other.  


So I vow to follow JJ's wisdom, to listen to the angel, to love myself by taking care of myself as best as I know how, and, while waiting for the Prince to come, I will learn to love and respect .....my own rules.    Thanks, JJ, for a evening that brought each of us closer to knowing ourselves, to knowing our truth, to living a more loving life.  (If you want to be a better person, to make your own life better, you can reach the lovely JJ at www.fit2love.info.)



No comments: